Urinary Tract Infections – Have You Tried Homeopathy?
Have you ever experienced any of these scenarios?
Case Scenario #1
You feel pressure in your bladder like you have to pee. Urgently you’re running to the bathroom every 15 – 20 minutes only to pee a small amount or may be a couple of drops comes out. And you feel like you didn’t empty out. You are experiencing burning sensation either before, during or as you are at the end of peeing.
Case Scenario #2
As you are urgently, running or even walking to the bathroom every few minutes to pee, you are dribbling in your pants. And when you get to the toilet your pee passes very slowly. You often may be dribbling in your underpants when cough, sneeze or blow your nose too. You have a burning sensation in the urethra when peeing.
What are UTI’s?
UTI is short for Urinary Tract Infections. These infections usually occur when bacteria enters the urinary tract through the urethra (tube that connects the neck of your bladder to the urethral opening; where urine exits the body) and starts to multiply in the bladder. UTI’s can affect any part of the urinary system (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra). Most UTI’s involve the lower urinary tract (bladder and urethra).
Who is More Likely to get Urinary Tract Infection?
Women are more often prone to developing a UTI than men.
Common UTI Symptoms
- Burning feeling when peeing,
- Frequent or urgent urging to pee,
- Small amount or drops of pee come out,
- Pain or pressure in bladder (lower abdomen) or in back,
- Cloudy, blood or strange smelling pee
Various Types of UTI’s and Symptoms:
- Upper back and side (flank) pain,
- High fever,
- Shaking and chills,
- Pelvic pressure,
- Lower abdomen discomfort,
- Frequent, painful urination,
- Blood in urine
- Burning when peeing,
Interstitial Cystitis (IC)
Interstitial cystitis is a bladder condition that usually consists of multiple symptoms.
- Recurring pelvic pain,
- Pressure or discomfort in the bladder and pelvic region,
- Frequency and urgency to pee
There are Two Types of Interstitial Cystitis
- Non-ulcerative – Affects 90% of IC people. Symptoms of Non-ulcerative IC has pinpoint hemorrhages (petechiae), also known as glomerulations in the bladder wall.
- Ulcerative – 5 to 10% of IC people have ulcerative form of IC. They usually have patches, that are red, and bleed in areas on the bladder wall (Hunner’s ulcers).
Homeopathic Remedies for UTI’s
Case Scenario #1
You feel pressure in your bladder like you have to pee. Urgently you’re running to the bathroom every 15 – 20 minutes only to pee a small amount or may be a couple of drops comes out. And you feel like you didn’t empty out. You are experiencing burning sensation either before, during or as you are at the end of peeing. In this case scenario I would recommend taking 2 homeopathic remedies Apis Melifica 200c and Cantharis Vesicatoria 30c or 200c.
Apis would be used for the pressure feeling in the bladder. The reason you feel pressure and that you have to pee, is the bladder is swollen like an enlarged balloon inside the body and creating a pressure feeling in the pubic bone area. Apis will shrink the bladder, which will cause you to pee more in quantity, relieving the pressure. The Cantharis will address the why you have the UTI and in doing so, you will be peeing less frequently with more pee in quantity, along with relieving the burning sensation. You would take both Apis 200c and Cantharis 30c or 200c several times a day.
Case Scenario #2
As you are urgently, going to the bathroom every few minutes to pee, you are dribbling in your pants. And when you get to the toilet your pee passes very slowly. You often may be dribbling in your underpants when cough, sneeze or blow your nose too. You have a burning sensation in the urethra when peeing.
I have recommended to my clients in this case scenario to take the homeopathic remedy Causticum 30c or 200c several times a day, repeating the remedy when the improved symptoms return.
Case Scenario #3
You develop a UTI and have frequent urgings with only small amount of pee coming out and you have a burning sensation when you are not peeing. We consult and after asking you a few questions to clarify your symptoms, you reveal that you and your husband had an argument and later that night you had sex. The next day you developed a UTI.
When a UTI’s comes about from having sex after an argument you need the homeopathic remedy Staphysagria 30c. Alternatively, Staphysagria is also used for UTI’s from what’s called “honeymoon cystitis”; meaning getting a UTI from too much sex.
Case Scenario #4
Many times, I have had a client tell me that the doctor said they have a high E coli (Escherichia coli) count in the pee sample. All UTI’s have E coli. The homeopathic remedy that matches the UTI symptoms, will also address the E coli bacteria.
However, I have had some client’s take the homeopathic remedy E coli 30c (remedy made from E coli) along with the selected UTI remedy. I have seen E coli 30c help support the Homeopathic UTI remedy and help bring down the high count of E coli faster.
Case Scenario #5
A client consults me about her low back pain on her right side. She told me that she doesn’t remember lifting anything to have caused back pain. I asked the following questions to get a clearer symptom picture of what is really going on.
The Questioning Went like This:
Virangini Cindy – Is your back pain close to your spine or more in the muscle area?
Client – It’s in the muscle area of my back.
Virangini Cindy – If you put your hands on your waist with your thumbs on your back. When you moved your thumbs up and down, is that where your back pain is?
Client – Yes.
Virangini Cindy – Describe what your back pain feels like.
Client – It’s a sore feeling.
Virangini Cindy – Does your pain radiate out?
Client – No. The sore bruised pain stays in one area.
Virangini Cindy – Do you have any peeing symptoms such as dribbling’s, burnings, etc.?
Client – No.
Virangini Cindy – What makes your pain feel better or worse?
Client – My back pain is worse when I move around and especially, when I get up from a chair.
I went on to tell my client, that I think she having the beginnings of a kidney infection. I suspect this because, she did not over lift anything in the last couple of days to overstrain her back. Even though she is not exhibiting peeing symptoms (burnings, dribbling’s, etc.). I recommended that she take the homeopathic remedy Berberis Vulgaris 30c several times a day for her kidney symptoms.
Common Homeopathic Remedies for UTI’s
- Apis Melifica – Pressure feeling in bladder as if needs to pee. Used for Kidney, Cystitis, Interstitial Cystitis.
- Argentum Nitricum – Burning in the urethra and violent pain from kidney to bladder that is worse motion or touch. Used for Kidney, Cystitis, Urethritis.
- Belladonna – Burning or stinging sensation in the kidney area. Retention of pee. Used for Kidney, Cystitis, Interstitial Cystitis.
- Berberis Vulgaris – Burning feeling in bladder area. Radiating, shooting pain from kidney area. Used for Kidney, Cystitis.
- Cantharis – Frequent urgings and only a small amount pee or a couple of drops comes out. Used for symptoms after a catheter, Kidney, Cystitis, Urethritis, Interstitial Cystitis.
- Causticum – Pee dribbles out when walking, coughs, sneezes or blows you nose. Used for Cystitis.
- Equisetum – Cystitis symptoms with a dull, distressing pain and a feeling of fullness in the bladder, even when bladder is emptied. Used for Cystitis, Interstitial Cystitis.
- Lycopodium – Kidney pain starts on right in the back and goes to left side of the back (kidney region. Pee has a reddish color. Used for Kidney, Interstitial Cystitis.
- Mercurius Corrosivus – Cystitis or Kidney infection with blood in pee. Used for Kidney, Cystitis, Urethritis.
- Nux Vomica – Spasmodic pain with an irritating desire to pee. Used for Interstitial Cystitis.
- Sarsaparilla – Burning pain at the end of urination. Used for Cystitis.
- Sepia – They have a bearing-down feeling in the bladder region or a pressure above the pubic bone. Used for Interstitial Cystitis.
- Staphysagria – Honeymoon cystitis, develops a UTI after anger with a significant other and then having sex. Can also be used for bladder symptoms after being catheterized. Used for Cystitis, Interstitial Cystitis.
- Thlapsi Bursa Pastoris – Chronic cystitis or Interstitial Cystitis.
Fast Relief Without Resorting to Antibiotics
Homeopathic remedies work fast on UTI symptoms, 15 – 30 minutes after taking a couple of quick doses of a 30c or 200c remedy; you will start to see signs of improvement. For example, not peeing as frequently or with as much urgency. The burning sensation will be lessening overall. The kidney pain will be not as intense. Once the symptoms start to improve, back off from administering the homeopathic remedies. Only repeat one dose at a time when the symptoms start to return. For more information on when to take the homeopathic remedy you can reference my blog:https://viranginicindy.com/general-homeopathy-info/how-to-administer-your-selected-homeopathic-remedy/.
A home remedy you can take along with a homeopathic remedy is Alka-Seltzer (Gold only). This helps UTI’s by alkalizing the body. Place 1 tablet in cranberry juice (unsweetened) and drink.