Have you been trying to get pregnant for the last several months? All of your hormone levels came back good, and you still have problems getting pregnant. I commonly hear women telling me, “I don’t understand. The doctor says, “Everything checks out okay. There is no reason I am not getting pregnant. It’s been 8 months since my doctor’s visit, and I still haven’t gotten pregnant”. In cases like this, some mental and emotional stress that is going on in your life will need to be addressed to help you get pregnant:
- Feeling overworked, overwhelmed with your job or with life in general
- Relationship problems with your partner
- A prior relationship problem is affecting your relationship with your partner now
- Making a job out of getting pregnant is stressing you and or your partner to feel overwhelmed in producing a baby
Does This Sound Like You?
You are a project manager, which involves overseeing many people and many moving parts to meet the project’s deadline. You are working out several times a week to help you deal with your stress and overall health. There are times when your parents need your help (i.e., grocery shopping, doctor visits). In the big picture, a lot falls on your shoulders between work and your family life. On top of all that is going on around you, you and your partner are overwhelmed with getting pregnant. Your doctor says, “everything looks good for you to get pregnant.” So, why haven’t you gotten pregnant in the last 8 months? I have seen in clients the overwhelmed feeling is what’s interfering with you getting pregnant. You have a lot going on in your life. Calcarea Carbonica 6c taken daily is the homeopathic remedy you need to address the overwhelmed feeling you have with work, family life, and trying to get pregnant.
A Past Relationship Could be Affecting You Not Getting Pregnant
You were in a long-term relationship with someone that you thought was your “soul mate.” You both had the same ideas and ambitions in life. You both were very romantic and sentimental and thought life couldn’t get any better. Then you found out he has been cheating on you for the past 6 months. You feel the rejection and betrayal, and you shut down your emotions by putting a wall up around you for your protection. You end up leaving the relationship.
This could have been your teenage first crush on the star high school football player. You and your boyfriend have gone out to the movies a few times. Prom night is coming up, and you think he will ask you to the Prom, only to find out he has asked someone else. You come home from school very upset. Your mom asks you if you’re okay but you are so upset you run to your bedroom and slam the door shut. You are crying into your pillow, so no one can hear you sobbing. Your mom knocks on your bedroom door, and you tell her, “go away, leave me alone.”
Whether you are the teenager that was so crushed that she was not asked to go to the Prom or the 25-year-old who has been cheated on, you vow never to love again. You don’t trust anyone, don’t believe what anyone says, you fear rejection and betrayal again. This is all because you have been hurt, and the hurt causes you to put a wall around your emotions. Then in your 20’s or 30’s, you fall in love and find out you are infertile. The doctor can’t find anything physically wrong with you. There is no reason why you can’t get pregnant. This is a case of infertility from grief. You need to address the old grief with the homeopathic remedy Natrum Muriaticum 6c to help bring down that wall of grief, to help you become fertile, and to be able to get pregnant.
Female Health Conditions Can Interfere with You Getting Pregnant
Having a female health condition such as endometriosis, fibroids, or PCOS may prevent you from conceiving. Taking a homeopathic remedy is one way to address your hormonal imbalances, endometriosis, fibroids, or any other female health condition. This is done by having a complete health history taken to help in finding out why you have a particular female health condition and getting to the root of the hormonal problem. Have a gynecological check-up to rule out any hormonal imbalances, endometriosis, fibroids, or other female health conditions.
Hormonal Imbalances Can Affect Conception
You want to have a baby but don’t have any sexual desire. Not having a sexual desire can come from being too tired or overworked to think about having sex. You may be feeling emotionally shut down. You may have noticed you are moody the week before your menstrual period.
I often see cases like this after someone has stopped using birth control (i.e., birth control pill or IUD) to have a baby. The hormones are readjusting from being on birth control, and you don’t have any interest in having sex. The homeopathic remedy Sepia 6c taken daily will help balance out your hormones from the birth control, address your shut down feeling and increase your sex drive.
Do You Stand on Your Head After Sex?
I have had clients tell me their doctor told them they are not retaining the semen after having sex, which is why they are not getting pregnant. One client was told by her doctor to do a headstand after intercourse to retain the semen. A more practical way to retain the semen, a doctor will tell you, is to lay in bed for 20 minutes to an hour after having intercourse. Doing a headstand or lying in bed for an hour after intercourse may help you retain semen. You can take the homeopathic remedy Natrum Carbonicum 6c daily can help you with retaining the semen.
How Can Homeopathy Help You Get Pregnant?
Several homeopathic remedies help with conceiving, whether you have a hormonal imbalance from birth control, a female health condition, grief, or being emotionally stressed out. A complete case health history needs to be taken to help select the homeopathic remedy for why you cannot conceive. While taking your health history, I will also ask you questions about how your menstrual period is now and in the past and questions about any other health conditions you may be having:
- A Chronic Fundamentalhomeopathic remedy will be selected to address who you are and why you are not conceiving.
- In taking your case history, you will be giving me a complete health history giving a snapshot of how your general health is from birth to the present time.
- However, the main focus would be on what was going on in your life before you decided to have a baby—looking back at the last 6-12 months of your life for stressors (i.e., relationship, work-related, financial, or caring for a loved one) and in some cases further back as to what happened in your life that could have triggered you to not being able to conceive.
- I will also consider other physical symptoms of your menstrual period such as excessive bleeding (monthly and in between), clots, menstrual pains, anemia, how your menstrual cycle was before you decided to have a baby, and other hormonal symptoms you are having. You will be asked general health questions about your digestion, sleep, and your mental and emotional states.
How to Administer a Homeopathic Remedy and Results for Not Conceiving
- A 6c Chronic Fundamental homeopathic remedy will be taken daily with ten succussions (10 taps) for a period of time. If you are taking hormonal medications, you will continue taking the medication with the expectation to lower the medication dosage and possibly get off the medication altogether.
- Three “Signs of Health” must occur within 5-7 days after taking a homeopathic 6c remedy.
- Increased or Balanced Energy.
- Well-Being Feeling – A mental and emotional shift (i.e., the day seems easier in some way).
- Sleep Cycles Improve – Falls asleep easier, stays asleep, or wakes up refreshed and ready to go each morning.
- When your chief symptom(s) is a hormonal imbalance, female health condition, or menstrual cycle, the selected 6c homeopathic remedy will start to improve within the next three months. Over the next three menstrual cycles, you will see more improvement with the menstrual period becoming more regular, a decrease in heavy bleeding, pain with your period, and any other symptoms you have each month with your period.
- A 30c or 200c Acute homeopathic remedy may be selected for the acute symptoms (i.e., heavy bleeding, clots, anemia, period pains) and will be taken several times a day as needed.
- The acute symptoms will start to improve within 1.5 hours, in some cases within 15 minutes.
Other Therapies for Helping Conceiving
Listed below are a few other therapies you may want to consider to help shift the mental and emotional reasons why you have not been able to conceive:
- Mayan (Arvigo) Abdominal Massage – Fertility massage
- Myofascial Release (MFR) – I have seen John Barnes’s MFR external and internal work help
- Heart Therapy
- Somatic Release Therapy
- Voice Dialogue
- One Brain – Three in One Concepts
A homeopathic remedy can help address not being able to conceive. However, you may find using other therapies such as those listed above and taking a homeopathic remedy may help shift your mindset more easily by addressing the mental and emotional states that initiated why you have not been able to conceive.