Have you ever had a sore cracked nipple or Insufficient Milks?
I remember when I had a cracked nipple when I was nursing my daughter, Jennifer. I would cringe every time she went to latch on my breast. I took the homeopathic remedy Bryonia Alba for the pain each time she latched on. Bryonia Alba is for pain worse from movement, and every time Jennifer latched on to the breast, she was moving the nipple. After taking a few doses of Bryonia Alba 200c, I was able to nurse Jennifer without any pain. Bryonia Alba just took care of the pain I felt from the cracked nipple. I still had to address the cracked nipple.
For the cracked nipple, I took the homeopathic remedy Petroleum 30c. After taking a couple of doses of Petroleum, the crack was healing. I also applied Calendula Ointment to the crack on the nipple. Calendula Ointment helps to build skin tissue, which speeds up the healing process.
Homeopathic Remedies for a Cracked Nipple
Select the 30c homeopathic remedy according to the symptoms you are experiencing. Administer the selected homeopathic remedy 1-2 times a day when the pain or cracked nipple worsens:
- Cracked, ulcerated nipples and breast is very itchy with the areola (pigmented area around the nipple) very red. The pain is so intense that you can’t even bear the touch of clothing on the nipple.
- Calendula 30c – Take Calendula as a homeopathic remedy after the selected cracked nipple remedy is working by healing the nipple. Calendula taken once a day will speed the healing process by promoting new tissue growth over the cracked area.
- Calendula Ointment – Apply Calendula ointment to the breast instead of taking Calendula 30c remedy after each feeding. Before nursing your baby, wipe off the Calendula Ointment. After each feeding, wipe dry the cracked nipple area, then apply Calendula ointment.
- Petroleum– Is selected for deep cracks on the nipple with itching and a mealy coating on the nipple.
- Phytolacca – Is when the nipples are cracked, very sensitive, and can be inverted.
Do You Have an Insufficient Milk Supply?
My daughter Jennifer mentioned that she thinks her milk supply has decreased. She said, “I am only getting 3-4 ounces when I pump my breasts, instead of the usual 6 ounces of breast milk. Chayce (my grandson) still seems to be hungry after breastfeeding. He’s looking to nurse again soon after finishing.
I had Jennifer drink a warm cup of water with 5 drops of the herbal tincture Alfalfa each morning. Alfalfa Tincture increases the milk supply and the quality of the milk. Jennifer told me she only needed to take Alfalfa Tincture once a day for 3 days and her milk supply became abundant.
Breastfeeding is, of course, the best option for feeding your baby. Though it can be challenging (and painful!) at times, there are ways to support those issues quite efficiently and quickly with homeopathy.