Using Clematis Erecta
My client calls stating he has pain in his testicles. He tells me that his doctor has diagnosed him with having epididymitis. He says that his testicles are very painful, especially to the touch. He also says that sometimes he has a pinching pain in his testicles and a drawing pain that goes from his inguinal area and thigh that is worsened when he walks (worse with motion). I recommended that he take the Homeopathic Remedy Clematis Erectus in a 30c potency. After taking the Clematis daily for a few days, my client reported that the pain in his testicles has lessened. He also said he was experiencing less pinching and drawing pain in his testicles, and they are not as painful when he walks. I recommended that my client continue taking the Clematis at night until the epididymitis pain is completely gone.
What is Epididymitis?
The epididymisisa part of the male reproductive system, a coiled tube sitting atop of each testicle connected to the vas deferens (the duct that that carries sperm). Epididymitis is inflammation of the epididymis. The swelling of the epididymis can cause intense pain in your testicle. Epididymitis can occur at any age, most often in males between the ages of 14 and 35.Epididymitis is commonly caused by a sexually transmitted infection in younger males, but also other types of bacteria.Sometimes, a testicle also becomes inflamed, called Epididymo-orchitis. Epididymitis can be associated with infertility or reduced fertility. Chronic Epididymitis is epididymitis that lasts longer than six weeks or that happens repeatedly is considered chronic.
When a bacterial infection is present, the epididymis gradually becomes swollen and painful. It can last up to 6 weeks if left untreated.
- Swelling and redness in the testicle
- Frequent or urgent need to urinate
- Painful urination or ejaculation
- Fever and chills
- Bloody urine or semen or a discharge
- Pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen or pelvic area
- Enlarged lymph nodes in the groin
- Scrotum (sac that contains the testes) is swollen or discolored or warm
- Testicle pain and tenderness, usually on one side
- Pain during sexual intercourse
What Causes Epididymitis?
In men older than 35, epididymitis usually happens because of an infection called E. coli of the bladder or urinary tract. Epididymitis is most often caused by a bacterial infection, including sexually transmitted infections (STIs such as gonorrhea or chlamydia), commonly seen in young, sexually active males. Some cases happen from bacteria called Mycoplasma. Other infections, including the mumps virus the mumps virus and rarely tuberculosis, can also cause epididymitis.
Some Other Causes of Epididymitis Are:
- Urine in the epididymis
- A blockage in the urethra (the tube that carries urine from your body)
- An enlarged or infected prostate gland
- Use of a catheter (tube used to drain the bladder)
- Surgery on the prostate, urethra or bladder
- A traumatic groin injury
Other Conditions Related to Epididymitis:
- Orchitis (Epididymo-orchitis)
- Testicular Cancer
- Spermatocele (painless fluid-filled cyst in the epididymis)
Complications of Epididymitis Include:
- Abscess in the scrotum (pus-filled infection)
Homeopathic Remedies for Epididymitis.
A 30c Homeopathic Remedy is selected according to the symptoms you are experiencing along with what makes the symptoms worse or better in every given case of epididymitis.
- Rhododendron Chrysanthemum – Selected for epididymitis when there is intense pain (drawing, soreness) and tenderness, especially in the left testicle. The testicle is painful to the touch and the soreness extends to the thighs and abdomen. The scrotum is also swollen. The pain may be accompanied with bruising. The pain in the testicle worsens from sitting and improves with walking. A slight thin discharge from the urethra may also be present. Used when orchitis arises in addition to epididymitis, (Epididymo-orchitis) and there is pain in the testes. There is swollen drawn up worse left -sided swelling of the testes, especially after gonorrhea.
- Spongia Tosta – Selectedfor testicular pain that feels like a pinching sensation, where the testicle feels bruised. Sometimes there is a stitching or shooting pain in the testicle. The shooting pain can radiate from the testes to the groin. The testicular pain is worse with touch. There can be a swelling in the scrotum, spermatic cord (a soft cable-like structure suspending the testes) and testicles along with a sensation of heat and burning. The testes can be hard and swollen.
- Apis Mellifica – Selectedfor epididymitis with a swollen, red scrotum. The right-side testicle is often more affected. The pain in the testicles worsens with touch. Frequent urination along with a burning and scalding in the urethra during and after urination
- Clematis Erecta – Selected for epididymitis with tenderness in the testicles that are very painful to the touch. Drawing pain in the groin and thigh may be felt along with testicular pain. A pinching pain is felt in the testicle from the slightest touch. The pain is worse from walking (worse motion). The scrotum may be swollen along with swelling of the spermatic cord with burning and soreness.
- Pulsatilla –Selected for epididymitis when there is a thick yellow or yellowish-green discharge from the penis with pain in the testicle. The swelling gets worse with standing. Sometimes there is tearing or lacerating (severe) pain in the testicles with a burning feeling down left spermatic cord. Also selected for orchitis with epididymitis that develops after suppressed mumps or gonorrhea.
- Mercurius Solubilis – Used for epididymitis with a greenish purulent (pus) discharge from the penis and with more discharge at night. Erections may also be painful. There may be blood in the semen. The scrotum is swollen, red, and the testicles are painful. A drawing pain in the groin or a dragging pain in the testes and spermatic cord, along with a burning sensation in the urethra, usually felt at the end of urination with the last few drops of urine.
- Sabal Serrulata –Is selectedfor epididymitis with painful ejaculation and a history of prostatitis with difficult and painful urination. Stinging and burning pain in the urethra is also present. The frequency of urination is also increased. The testes are painful and drawn up.
- Hamamelis –Selectedfor epididymitis with pain in the testicle which can be dull, aching or feel drawing. The drawing pain may radiate from the testes to the groin, running down the spermatic cord into the testes and can be excruciating. The pain is worse after midnight. The scrotum is also swollen, enlarged and hot.
- Cantharis – Selected for epididymitis with painful urination. Used for cutting or burning pains (before, during or after) in the urethra with frequent urination. There may be burning in the urethra after intercourse.
- China officinalis –Is selected for epididymitis with a swollen worse in the right testicle: Used when there are bloody seminal emissions and even the slightest touch causes pain in the testes. Hard pressure on the testes relieves the pain. Used when the pain appears every other day. The inflammation in the testes increases especially during the night.
Epididymitis will, in time, go away on its own within a few weeks. A Homeopathic Remedy not only helps relieve the pain you have from the epididymitis, but it will also address why you have the health condition. Why not take a Homeopathic Remedy for your epididymitis symptoms and address what caused you to have it in the first place?