Are you one of the many people who take asthma medication?
Did you know that homeopathic remedies are available that can help you reduce or get off your asthma medication?
Whether it is you or a loved one that has to carry an inhaler around everywhere you go in order to be prepare in case of an asthma attack, Homeopathy can help with getting you off your inhaler.
Did You Know Skin Symptoms May Be the Cause of Your Asthma?
Couple of the things I often see when working with asthma cases, is that the client will start exhibiting skin symptoms as their breathing/asthma symptoms begin to improve. Or I will see old lung or bronchial symptoms surface with my client exhibiting the same symptoms they had year(s) ago (the symptoms that they took the medications for). Many of you know that a homeopathic approach backs out symptoms and the body goes through a process of retracing chronic conditions. As the asthma case is clearing up with a homeopathic remedy, individuals may also need to take a homeopathic remedy for their original lung or skin symptoms they had years ago and that caused them to develop asthma.
Exercised Induced Asthma: Client felt the beginnings of a cough coming on, especially when she walked quickly. The doctor diagnosed her as having exercise induced asthma and put her on steroids. This is when she contacted me; she wanted to get off the steroids. In taking her case history, she said she felt a dry tingling sensation in her throat area and in the middle of her chest, as if she was going to cough.
After asking several other questions to help select the correct homeopathic remedy for my client, I chose the homeopathic remedy Rumex Crispus 200c to be taken a couple of times a day. My client reported back a few days later, stating that she did not feel the tingling sensation as much anymore, especially when she walked faster. I had my client continue taking Rumex Crispus.
A week later, she told me that she was noticing, a shortness of breath when she talked in long sentences. She also stated that this was an old symptom that she experienced last year when she had bronchitis, which she had taken a medication for. We continued adjusting the Rumex Crispus dosage and her exercised induced asthma cleared up completely.
Chronic Asthma and Using an Inhaler: My client age 50, consulted with me for asthma she has had since she was a child. She needed to use an inhaler 3-5 times a day to control her asthma. In taking her case history, we arrived at 2 homeopathic remedies Arsenicum Album 6c and Bryonia Alba 200c.
She took Arsenicum Album 6c daily in a Homeopathic Remedy Solution Bottle (RSB) with 10 succussions to address why she had asthma. And my client was to take Bryonia 200c acutely with 10 succussions in Remedy Solution Bottle, when she had an asthma attack; when her chest felt heavy, tight and constricted.
My client didn’t start using Bryonia acutely for her asthma attack at first, because she didn’t feel comfortable enough not using her inhaler. Three to four weeks after taking Arsenicum 6c, her asthma had lessened overall and she only needed to use her inhaler 3 times a day or less. She also reported back that she had more energy and clearer mind.
A month later, she started to feel more comfortable with using Bryonia Alba 200c for her acute asthma attacks. I also had her take a dose of the homeopathic remedies Aconite 30c and Gelsemium 200c along with Bryonia; to help with anxiety of possibly not being able to breathe without using her inhaler.
As I continued to help guide my client with adjusting Arsenicum Album dosage, my client was able to get off her inhaler and just utilized the homeopathic remedies to manage her asthma.
In time, she only needed to use Bryonia Alba acutely for the asthma attacks a couple of times a month and finally did not need Bryonia Alba for her asthma attacks.
As my client continued using Arsenicum Album 6c daily, to continue addressing why she developed asthma. She started to notice scaly patches on her arms and legs. She stated that she had psoriasis as a child and used a topical corticosteroid cream on her skin for her psoriasis back then.
Note: When skin symptoms start to surface, as in cases after taking a homeopathic remedy, especially for asthma; the body is telling us a prior skin condition was suppressed. When skin symptoms are suppressed, it either pushes the skin condition back into the liver, causing more skin symptoms (hive, eczema, psoriasis, etc.). Or the skin suppression goes into the lungs causing the lungs to become weak and susceptible to bronchitis, pneumonia and in time asthma.
My client continued taking Arsenicum Album 6c daily, which still fit her overall symptoms as to “who she is” who had asthma and the return of old skin symptoms. When her skin became very flakey, I would have her take the homeopathic remedy Lycopodium 200c acutely. And in time my client was rid of her asthma and skin symptoms.
Other Conditions that can Cause Asthma
- Allergic asthma (i.e., dust, mold, seasonal)
- Emotionally induced (i.e., relationships, divorce, work)
- Digestive problems
- Cigarette smokers
- Head or spinal injury
- Weather changes
Homeopathic Remedies for Acute Asthma
You can always take a homeopathic remedy acutely for an asthma attack.
Antimonium Tartaricum – You feel mucus rattling (wheezing) in your chest as you are breathing.
Arsenicum Album – Sports induced asthma (worse running around).
Bryonia Alba – Your lungs feel dry and tight, as if it’s hard to expand your lungs (rib cage).
Carbo Vegetabilis –Your asthmatic breathing feels better when fanned.
Dulcamara – Asthma symptoms are worse in damp weather.
Ipecacuanha – Your rattling mucus asthma causes you to gag (retching) or vomiting.
Kali Carbonicum – Your asthma is better when you lean forward while sitting or when on all fours (hands and knees).
Natrum Sulphurica – Children’s asthma or asthma from head or spinal injury.
Pulsatilla – Asthma with loose mucus in lungs, often seen as children’s asthma.
Spongia Tosta – Your asthma is a loud dry suffocated wheeze, as if breathing through a sponge.
Homeopathic Remedies for Anxiety to Take During an Asthma Attack
Aconite 30c and Gelsemium 200c – Is for fear of not being able to breath during the asthma attack. I like to have my clients take Aconite(fear) and Gelsemium for the anxious feeling when having problems breathing, in conjunction with an acute homeopathic asthma remedy.
How Can Homeopathy Help Address Your Asthma?
Taking a 30c or 200c homeopathic remedy will help your acute asthma attack. In order to address “who you are” and how you developed asthma, you need to have a complete case history done to help select a chronic fundamental homeopathic asthma remedy.
- This is best done by seeking out a trained and certified homeopath. They would proceed to take a complete health history, getting a snapshot of your general health; from birth to the present time.
- The homeopath will be building a timeline as to what came first and when in your life that helped in you developing asthma.
- However, the main focus would be on what was going on in your life prior to you developing asthma (i.e., lung symptoms, medications, suppressed skin conditions, parents’ divorce or any other emotional stress going on at that time). Along with looking at what stresses you are presently feeling in life (i.e., relationship, work related, financial, or caring for a loved one) that triggers your asthma symptoms now.
- And consider other physical asthma symptoms they are having such as: sports induced, environmental, waking up at night with symptoms, other heath conditions (i.e., head or spinal injury, symptoms) and what their diet consists of.
- While taking your 6c homeopathic remedy daily, you will be addressing why you have developed asthma. You will be having less intense asthma attacks along with less often. And you will continue taking your asthma medication along with the homeopathic remedy(s) until you are able to manage your asthma without medication(s).
- Asthma Attack – A 30c or 200c homeopathic remedy will be selected according to your acute asthma attack and or any other lung symptoms you may have, along with what makes your asthma symptom(s) better or worse.
- When you have an asthma attack, you will take a 30c or 200c homeopathic remedy acutely; when you feel comfortable in not using your inhaler. You will experience the selected homeopathic remedy working to calm down your asthmatic breathing within minutes after taking your remedy; giving you relief in your breathing.
Whether, you take asthma medication on a daily basis, or periodically. Contact a Homeopath that is experience in chronic case taking, to help address why you are experiencing asthma and start breathing freely from your lungs without medications.